Thursday, December 9, 2010

Another Poem

A few weeks ago, I posted a poem I wrote about 35-40 years ago in honor of Veteran's Day. Someone asked if I had written any other poems. The answer is no, not many, unless you count the few efforts I have made for my wife in an effort to be romantic. I was looking through some old files, though, and found this one. I do not have any idea how long ago I wrote it. It is just a simple testimony of what the Gospels mean to me. Enjoy.

On the Gospels
Moving between the words of  these chronicles
There is a Living Essence reaching out from Eternity
To grasp the very cords of man’s heart  to create
A harmony which only the Eternal could compose
And which only the redeemed can experience
In all of its magnificence and grandeur.
There is within these records more than the story
Of a man rejected by the nation which gave Him birth
And reviled by those for whom He died
Of a Man denied by His followers
And denuded by His foes
For the words have power within themselves,
There is even more so a pulse of Life
Like the essence of cut flowers which fills the room
With fragrance and stifles the repulsive
That quickens the soul from corruptible to incorruptible
From mortal to immortal
From sadness to irrepressible joy.
                              Pastor Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!